Monday, January 23, 2012

The Sound of Silence.

Silence is one of my dearest friends, and yet, she can be one of my greatest enemies. Within the arms of Silence I feel safe; I become less vulnerable when I have Silence. To me, Silence is comfort, a quiet place that I can take myself to where I may be safe within a fortress surrounding my heart. Silence's brother is Solitude, whom I can adore and abhor all at the same time for the way he makes me feel. When I am with Solitude, I am alone and safe from the realms of pain and reality that everyone faces day to day. There was once a time when these two were the greatest friends that I had; they were there for me, they protected me and kept me safe. So often were they the only friends I knew to run to when I felt that no one else could help. But now my friends have become dated, and instead of helping they hurt me, and they hurt those around me. So to these friends who have been holding me back; there was a time when you were well met. But there comes a time when old friends need to learn their place.

No comments:

Post a Comment