As of today, I have realized that I have come to the point in my life where I really don't care about what to wear. You might be calling a B.S. on that one- but it's true. I have other, less materialistic things that I want to focus on. As long as I am somewhat color coordinated and comfortable, I'm not going to lose sleep over what I am going to wear the next morning. Shockingly enough, I wouldn't mind blending in for a while. I don't feel like being noticed for the textiles on my body. Quite frankly, I don't care if I get noticed at all. The only people that I am interested in noticing me are people who see my potential and can help me fulfill it. I am attending college to learn and find something to do with my life. I'm not paying thousands of dollars to socialize. Now don't get me wrong, some socialization is a key factor to a healthy life. But being the introvert that I am, fulfilling the "college life" stigma is not at the top of my priority list. I am here to impress my professors, not my colleagues. And as long as I am not scantily clad, I doubt that my professors care what I am wearing. If I wanted to impress anyone, it would be myself. Or my boyfriend. Luckily for me, he thinks that I am amazing just the way I am (props to Bruno). I want to focus on discovering what to do with my life. I want to love the earth and help those who need helping. I am more interested in enriching my life than enriching my closet. So give me yoga pants and nostalgic t-shirts. Give me Zak's clothes that I steal from his house and my ugly periwinkle Vibram Fivefingers. My mind is subject to change, but as of now I am standing my ground.
All hail comfiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment