Life is seldom easy. I understand that. I accept it, even. That still doesn't mean that don't wish it to be another way. Where everything is good, wholesome and pure. There are many things that I do not understand- myself included. I would actually put myself at the top of the mystery list quite often. Are people like clay, malleable and ever changing due to the people and things that handle them, with the ability to reshape to the next set of hands? Or are we like slabs of marble, where once we've been carved there's no going back other than natural erosion or someone chipping away at you? I do not know. To the question of whether or not people can change, I say definitely. Absolutely. When you find something or someone that you realize you love more than you love yourself, anything is possible. If you really have the desire to change, you will find a way. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the past. What is done is done. Fortunately, the past is the past. Learn from your mistakes. Know what to not do again. That is the beautiful thing about something so painful; mistakes can be learning tools. If you are ever given a second chance, take it. That is called grace, my friend, and you won't come across it very often on this earth. Grace is a blessing that need not ever be taken for granted. Now we must accept that we are all humans and sometimes we can let our gratitude slip, but constantly be reminded of the gift you have been given. Do everything in your power to keep what you have, because someone gave it to you despite the fact that they had no reason to do so. Grace can not be explained, it is not logical, so save yourself the trouble and don't even try to figure it out. Just accept it and be thankful. Grace is a beautiful thing. Appreciate beautiful things.
Life might certainly not be easy, but gold will shine when it's encompassed with dirt. As Switchfoot brilliantly claims;
"A shadow proves there's sunshine."
No comments:
Post a Comment